Thursday, April 22, 2010

Crispy coconut chicken

****Please excuse the horrible picture! I realized after we were halfway through that I hadn't taken a picture! It's kind of a mess.

I got this from the Parents magazine. I really love the recipes from there.
Serves 4
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 40 minutes
2/3 cup crushed multigrain crackers (about 8)
1/3 cup flaked coconut (I added more because I like coconut)
1 jar (9 oz.) mango chutney
3 tbs. lime juice
1 tsp. curry powder
8 chicken drumsticks, skin removed (I used chicken breasts and it worked out beautifully)
2 cups frozen peas, thawed
1 up cooked brown rice
Heat oven to 375. Place crackers in a large zip-top plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin or cup. add coconut to the bag and shake. In a small bowl, stir together the chutney, lime juice, and curry powder,. Remove 1/4 cup of chutney mixture and set aside. Dip the chicken, one piece at a time, in the remaining chutney mixture, then place chicken inside the bag. Shake to coat.
Bake chicken on a foil-lined shallow baking pan for 40 minutes, or until they're done. Cover chicken loosely with aluminum foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent over browning.
In a bowl, toss peas with reserved chutney mixture. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. combine peas and rice and serve with chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment