Monday, February 1, 2010

Twirly Whirly Pizza


I got this recipe from a Parents magazine. My family LOVES it! It can be messy but this is one that supposedly the kids can help with. (I can't imagine them helping since it's messy with me making it...but my daughter likes to watch and hold things for me). I'm including the recipe from the Parents magazine and how to make it then I'll put my own ingredients list since we like lots of stuff in our pizza---which might be the reason why it's so messy for us!! We pack it in!!)


Ingredients:

1 (13.8oz.) tube refrigerated pizza dough

1/2 cup pizza sauce

1/2 cup shredded italian mix cheese, divided

1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves


How to:

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll dough from tube. Spread Pizza sauce on top.


Sprinkle with half of cheese and top with spinach leaves. Roll up, starting with short end.


Cut into 8 pieces, then lay the pieces flat on a greased pie pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and bake for 22-25 minutes or until golden brown. Makes 8 servings.


***Now we like to nix the spinach leaves but add cooked ground beef, mozzarella cheese instead of italian mix cheese and add pineapple tidbits. And we double the recipe--so 2 tubes of dough. It's really messy to get on the pan but it's tasty.

1 comment:

  1. just linked this article on my facebook account. it’s a very interesting article for all.

    Pizza Rack

    ReplyDelete