Monday, February 1, 2010

Chicken Enchiladas

I'm not sure where this recipe is from but it's absolutely delicious and easy!!! This is something I highly recommend making double of periodically and freezing for emergencies when you have no time to make dinner (or to take over to someone in need).
350 degrees
20 minutes

1 large can chopped green chilies ½ lb. mild cheddar - grated
1-2 cup sour cream ½ lb. Monterey Jack - grated
2 cans Cream of Chicken soup 1 pkg. 10" flour tortillas
4 chicken breasts - cooked and cut up

Start oven at 350 degrees.

Mix chilies, sour cream, and soup. Divide into two bowls.

To one bowl, add all the chicken and half of both cheeses. Spoon the chicken mixture into tortillas and roll. Place in a greased 9x13 pan. Spread remaining sauce on top of tortillas and add remaining cheese on top of that. Cook for 20 minutes.

***Can be made a day ahead and put in fridge. Or to freeze: just seperate the enchiladas in wax paper and freezer bags one by one so it's easy to warm up in the microwave. Or you can cook it all in one of those throw away tin pans and cover and freeze. Another idea is to assemble it all in a throwaway tin and freeze. Then when you need it or someone else is in need...just have them pop it in the oven.
Oh and I don't like chilis so I omit those in my batch. I make two batches. One will be without chilis and the other with. To deferentiate which is which I put green food coloring in the sauce to make it look green and remind myself of the green chilis.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment