Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Andes Mint Cookies

I think it's about time a recipe that involves chocolate is posted on this blog! I actually found this recipe randomly online. I found it on this blog: www.beckyhiggins.com. She actually had other fun ideas on her site as well. The cookies looked so delicious, I knew I had to try them!



How to make them:
3/4 c. butter (or margarine)
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 T. water

Melt in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and then add:

2 c. chocolate chips, stirring until completely melted.

Cool for 10 minutes. Pour into a mixing bowl and beat in 2 eggs.

Add:
2 1/2 c. four
1 1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together and chill for about 45 minutes. Roll into balls (like 1 - 1 1/2 inches big), and place on cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.

When cookies come out of the oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for a few minutes. Swirl the melted chocolate like icing. Allow to cool. I actually put mine in the fridge to help them cool faster. They turned out super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment