Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Best Banana Bread

I LOVE Banana Bread, but it seems like every time I make it it turns out with a really crunchy crust and a really gooey middle. I used to blame it on my gas oven, because they say they don't cook as evenly as electric ovens. I sort of stopped making Banana Bread...gave up for the time being, until recently we had a lot of bananas that needed to be used. So I decided to try it again...and I'm so glad I did. I got this recipe from a cook book my family's ward put together. I decided to try this one because it had sour cream in it, and I've always had good results in baked goods when they have sour cream in them...kind of weird, but true.

This is Judy Teuscher's Banana Bread:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup sour cream
*optional: chopped walnuts

Directions:
Cream butter, sugar and eggs. Add the remaining ingredients. Bake at 350* in a greased pan for 50-60 minutes. It makes one loaf.
Easy! I let mine go a little past 50 minutes...till the knife came out mostly clean. And seriously, this is the best Banana Bread my husband and I have ever tasted!!! No gooey middle and no burnt crust, but so moist and delicious! I hope you try it, and if you do, I'm sure you'll love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment