Monday, May 24, 2010

Chicken Coconut Curry


Ok, so I'm a huge fan of indian food, and I saw this recipe on {My Kitchen Cafe} and HAD to try it. 
It. Is. Divine!!
  So flavorful, but not too hot and spicy.  The coconut calms the heat down.  My son even likes it!!

Chicken Coconut Curry

2 lbs ckicken breasts, cut in 1/2" cubes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp curry
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 sweet potato, cut in 1/2" chunks
1 can coconut milk
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
6 tbsp sugar
Jasmine rice, cooked

Season chicken with walt and pepper.  Heat oil, curry, and paprika in a large skillet over med-low head for 2 minutes, or until it's fragrant.  Do not let it burn.  Turn heat to medium and add onions and garlic.  Cook 10 minutes, until onions are clear.  Add chicken and toss to coat.  Cook 7-10 minutes (I actually just put the chicken in with the onions and garlic to save time)  Add potatoes, coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar.  Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 - 40 minutes - until sauce thickens.  Serve over rice.  Garnish with cilantro.

You'll love it!

2 comments:

  1. This was so good. I made it the other night and couldn't wait to eat the leftovers again the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stop eating it! I thought it might be too spicy for my girls (6 and 4) but they inhaled it! Next time, I don't think I'll add the sugar...I sampled it before the sugar and loved that I could taste the coconut milk, curry, tomato, better.

    ReplyDelete