Saturday, June 20, 2009

Easy Southwest Salad


Ok, so I make this salad every once in a while and it is so easy and so good. My husband kept saying, "oh this is so good" that made me happy since it was a cinch. I got this recipe from a book "Taste of Home: The New Potluck" its a good one. Here it is.

1 can of beans ( the recipe says Pinto, and thats what is in the picture above but we have used black beans and they are soooo good)
1 bunch green onions with tops sliced (I have never used these because I never had them but I am sure they are great in it)
1 large tomato seeded and chopped
1 avocado chopped
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese (whatever you like)
1 medium head of lettuce (or a bag, so make it even easier)
4 cups of corn chips ( FRITOS!! YAY!)

So pretty much you just layer it how you want it. If you plan on refrigerating it for a while add the corn chips last, just before serving. The recipe calls for catalina dressing but we always use a tomato based or fresh salsa as the dressing. It feels so much more fresh that way, some people we have had it with like sour cream or a little ranch mixed in. Sometimes we don't put in the tomato or avocado if we don't have it and that is still delicious especially with the salsa. ENJOY! We sure do!

No comments:

Post a Comment